CHANGELOG for X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha16
- merged in all patches I received and published on my webpage
in the last few years.
(compile warnings fixes, locale fixes, wav detection fixes,
removed pcre dependency from configure, crash fixes and version
detection fixes - lot of thanks to all contributors!)
- merged in several of the patches RedHat created for RPM version.
- improved current cdrtools support.
- removed extra handling for ProDVD, as this is all now integrated
into the current cdrecord without any need for a key.
- updated several translations.
- don't allow X-CD-Roast to overwrite symlinks. This may fix
some possible security problems. Thanks to Stefan Nordhausen
(nordhaus(at)informatik.hu-berlin.de) for pointing this out.
- detect an invalid ProDVD-key when blanking CDs/DVDs.
- fix bug where X-CD-Roast was overwriting files smaller than
1 kb, without giving a warning.
- add FILETREEBASE define to xcdroast.h to have all filetrees
start at this value instead of root "/". If set to the
string "$HOME" then the home-directory of the current user is
- pass the ProDVD-key from root to all users, unless they have
defined their own.
- no longer preselect texts in entry fields, which messed with
the cut&paste buffers.
- write files with the extension .iso instead of .img.
- fix bug where the TOC-file when duplicating CDs is not
written to a writeable path.
- check the version of cdrecord.ProDVD. Must be 2.01a11 or newer.
- fix possible segfault when copy an audio CD on-the-fly with
a lot of tracks.
- lots of work on the GTK2 port. Added a configure-option
--enable-gtk2 to optionally compile X-CD-Roast against GTK2.
- integrated a patch from Joseph Wang (joe(at)confucius.gnacademy.org)
which fixes a possible segfault while scanning for devices.
- integrated a patch from Andrea Suatoni (a.suatoni(at)telefonica.net)
which fixes a compile problem on IRIX systems.
- integrated a patch from Frank Giessler (giessler(at)biomag.uni-jena.de)
which fixes the usage of the cdrecord-ProDVD key on Solaris
- integrated a patch from Philipp Thomas (pthomas(at)suse.de) which
makes xcdroast compile nicer on 64-bit platforms.
- add new languages Romanian, Latvian and Albanian.
- updated existing languages Dutch, Italian, French, Swedish,
Estonian, Brasilian Portuguese, Japanese, Catalan, Czech,
Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Finnish and Greek.
- integrated experimental GTK2 patches by Fritz Ganter
- published cdrtools201a17.patch which adopts the version
checker to work with cdrtools-2.01a17 or newer.
- published debian_scan.patch which fixes a startup segmentation
fault when scanning for ATAPI devices on debian systems.
- published dvd_atip.patch which fixes the display of ATIP
information on DVD-media.
- published error_write_tracks.patch which fixes the
incorrect message "Error writing tracks" shown with
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha14
- fix unterminated string when printing symbolic links in
- replace the X-CD-Roast logo by a slightly cleaner version.
- include the very nice HTML-manual done by Thorsten Staerk.
- fix problem when write process did not report the internal
buffer percentage value. (Odd display while writing)
- add a tooltip for the drag-to-exclude field in the master menu.
- make a return press work like OK in the add-manual-device menu.
- remove any trailing colon from REMOTE-scsi specification.
- print some extra warnings when using X-CD-Roast with a disabled
non-root-mode. (On first start only)
- fix possible drag&drop crash.
- some last german translation changes.
- some detail improvements of the "Please wait while
calculating image size" window.
- always use cdrecord-ProDVD to blank media when it is installed.
- display "CD/DVD" instead of "CD" in most menus when ProDVD is
- display DVD or CD as media type based on the image size.
- when scanning for devices print duplicates in round brackets.
- show "Calculating..." in session-size display of the master
menu when gathering session size.
- display a "Please wait" window when session size calculation
takes longer then five seconds.
- recoded the reading of the TOC of a CD/DVD not to freeze
- when reading of the TOC takes longer than five seconds
(e.g. ATAPI setup) display a window explaining what is
happening and what to do to speed it up.
(insert medium and/or install scsi-emulation)
- fix junk display when reading data tracks on a very loaded
- switched to a new set of device icons. Thanks to Everaldo Coelho
and Torsten Rahn from the KDE team.
- also thanks to Martin Uhl for creating a DVD-Writer icon and
sending a lot of suggestions of simple usage improvements.
- set mouse cursor graphics correctly.
- on Mac OS X use the -a switch to disable the autodiskmount
- changed drag&drop not to need shift drag to exclude and added
a "drop here to exclude" area to the master dialog.
- change some spacings to group buttons better.
- updated norwegian translation, thanks to Stig Hornang
- on Mac OS X prefocus the password entry dialog and allow
a return press instead of a click on OK.
- fix possible core dump when starting without devices.
- add note about how to disable resolution check to man page.
- fix last leftovers from old non-root-mode.
- rearrange xpms directory to suit new autoconf config.
- added greek translation, thanks to Filippos Papadopoulos
- added ukrainian translation, thanks to Maxim Dzumanenko
- use the autoconf supplied "make install" instead of my own.
Thanks to Peter Breitenlohner for the patch.
- start to create new german translation.
- display one-time-warning when X-CD-Roast was compiled without
non-root-support to remind the user to use an official version
from my page for full functionality.
- hint the user to select a DVD media size when trying to write
a DVD image while having a 80min-CD-R choosen.
- warn user about not choosing an ATAPI device to write CDs.
(Suggests to install scsi-emulation.)
- warn user when user selects his DVD-Writer in setup, but has
not yet ProDVD support installed.
- disable write-mode selector when doing multisession.
Multisession only works in TAO mode.
- allow on-the-fly copy of CD-Extra by skipping the last
- fix display of wrong DVD size on some devices.
- display "Insert DVD-R/RW" instead of "Insert CD-R/RW" when
- xcdrwrap knows about the cdrtools-local-root-exploit and will
not allow that.
- Warn when writespeed is higher than the readspeed in
- finish CD-Text support for audio-on-the-fly.
- further work on CD-Text support for on-the-fly copy.
- first working audio-on-the-fly copy. (No CD-Text yet)
- fixed display problems of write dialog when using a new
- fix bug when after writing a multisession image file the
image information was not updated correctly.
- warn user when he tries to use a faulty drive that insists
to read data CDs with 2352 byte sectors.
- don't let processbar reach 100% when writing failed.
- start to implement the brand new audio-on-the-fly support of
the very newest cdrecord versions.
- complete -boot-load-size and -boot-info-table and don't check
boot-image filesize when it is not a floppy image.
- allow creation of CD-Extra. (Enable writing of audio tracks in
- start to implement the -boot-load-size and -boot-info-table
- display if a DVD-R/RW or a CD-R/RW is in the drive.
- drawn new icons for added and excluded files in the master-menu.
- add option "-iso-level" to the advanced ISO9660-options.
- add option to keep last directory level when adding multiple
paths in the master menu.
- always display filenames in master-path-list when we have added
- look into the fixed font problem (chinese instead of german
- add a second "write as multisession" button to the create-
session-menu to avoid confusion.
- add support for 30 and 50 minute CDs.
- fix on-the-fly writing for some non-linux platforms.
(added -waiti cdrecord option)
- display a warning at startup when no ProDVD key is set.
- let the user choose to skip invalid ISRC or MCN numbers when
writing audio tracks.
- detect invalid ISRC or MCN numbers before writing audio tracks.
- add -scanbus for REMOTE-SCSI devices.
- show warning when user is about to change the cdrecord driver
setting in setup.
- strip CDR_SECURITY= part from an incorrectly entered ProDVD key.
- forbid to set the "do not fixate" option in multisession mode.
- fix detection of multisession CDs on new drives.
- added new experimental Mac OS X autodiskmount daemon handling.
- code cleanup to declare all local functions static.
- add option to display progress status in the window titlebar.
(useful when you iconify X-CD-Roast while burning)
- code cleanup of unnecessary global variables.
(added a lot of static declarations)
- add saving and loading window position and size in setup.
(works with main and burning/reading window)
- only scan for devices at first startup of X-CD-Roast.
- remove the "-i" command line option. It is no longer
- add a write-mode selector within the master-on-the-fly-menu.
- install a test linux kernel 2.5.67 to verify the new
ATAPI support. Works MUCH better than for the 2.4.x kernels.
- prepare a setup to test REMOTE-SCSI.
- integrated full REMOTE-SCSI support.
- add option "remove device" in device scan menu.
(right click shows a context menu)
- allow to add a single manual device.
- add "manually add device" button in setup.
- implement "rescan devices" button in setup.
- update write mode and burnproof status when switching writers
in the write-menus.
- include driver-options into new device structure.
- pick not DAO as default mode, but the first one supported by
the selected device.
- add workaround to detect non-mmc writers correctly.
- make the cancel-button in setup work as expected again.
- include DVD-writer icon
- last modifications to make all parts of X-CD-Roast work with
the new device structure.
- display supported write modes for each device in the write-menus.
(grey out unsupported modes in selector)
- display new device data in selectors on top of each menu.
- display new device data in CD-Writer/Reader setup menu.
- add loading and saving of the new device structure
- implemented parts of new device scanning code.
- start of a major rewrite of all internal device structures.
- updated polish translation, thanks to Robert Gomulka
- use geteuid() instead of getuid() when checking for root.
- more tweaks to get drag&drop working with both nautilus (Gnome)
and konqueror (KDE).
- change the internal used drag&drop method on exchanging data.
- remember scroll-positions of all scrollable lists when adding or
- fix possible crash cause when quotes were in the cd-text data.
- remove old non-root-mode code and enable the new and improved
mode. (No longer changed group or file modes required on any
of the cdrtools.)
- rewrite large parts of the xcdrwrap-programm. It's now free
of external library references and offer maximum security for
the new non-root-mode.
- allow to redirect multiple paths at once.
- allow to drag files from the master-directories-list back to
the fileselector to remove them from the list.
- enable shift-drag to exclude master directories in the master-menu.
(disabled that again, because it did not work in KDE correctly)
- allow to reorder tracks by drag&drop in write tracks menu.
- its now possible to add and remove tracks with drag&drop from
within the write-tracks menu.
- merged irix patches from Andrea Suatoni (a.suatoni(at)telefonica.net)
(mostly sound support)
- switch "layout tracks" and "write tracks" tabs in write-tracks
- first support of drag&drop in the write-tracks menu
- allow drag selected files or directories from the file tree
selector within X-CD-Roast.
- make master-windows sensitive for drag&drop. Its now possible to
use any filemanager to add files to burn.
- working drag&drop in setup menu (drop directory names from a
filemanager into the image-directory list.)
- optimized screen space to make more room for larger translations.
- updated russian translation, thanks to Vitaly Lipatov
- experiment with drag&drop code in setup menu.
- fix missing \n in init.c debug-output.
- detect case where some drives return a sector size of 2352 instead
- updated french translation, thanks to Ferdinand de Broich
- updated brazilian translation, thanks to Silva Syndson
- updated czech translation, thanks to Adam Pribyl
fix bug where the mkisofs output charset was not set correctly.
- updated hungarian translation, thanks to Kůsa Lajos
- updated brazilian translation, thanks to Silva Syndson
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha13
- don't display warnings about symbolic cdrtools links when
nonroot-mode is disabled.
- warn user who tries to remaster an ISO-file instead of using
the write-tracks menu.
- fix to read all the stderr output of cdrecord
- clean up debug output that contained backspaces.
- rollback new child processing code completely -
fixes the multisession problems.
- rewrite handler for failed ProDVD-key checks.
- fix byte order of wavplayer on spark-based linux
- fix typo in acinclude.m4 that causes a warning inside the
- updated brazilian translation, thanks to Silva Syndson
- updated hungarian translation, thanks to Lajos Kůsa
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha12
- correct problem where last stderr output of cdrecord was not
- experimental support for the ATA-interface in linux 2.4.x
kernels. Devices no longer require scsi-emulation, but there is
no DMA supported then.
- new command line option "-a" to disable the extra device scans.
(e.g. the ATA support on linux)
- describe multiple instances support of X-CD-Roast in man-page.
- display a warning dialog when an invalid ProDVD key is detected
(required major changes in subprocess handling)
- fix small typo in io.c (forget \n in debugoutput)
- redesign of the cdrecord-ProDVD support. X-CD-Roast now looks
for a "cdrecord.prodvd" binary instead of expecting that the
original cdrecord version gets overwritten. See README.ProDVD.
- add command-line option "-w" to disable ProDVD support.
- only use cdrecord-ProDVD when a media size greater than 1 GB is
selected (to avoid the lowspeed limitation of the free key on
- print cdrtools paths at startup for debug purposes.
- received updated polish translation. Thanks to Robert Gomuka
- --disable-nonrootmode is working now. X-CD-Roast will ignore all
users, groups and permission settings. Use at own risk.
- fix CDR_SECURITY environment problem on linux. The entry field
in the setup for the ProDVD key should work now fine.
- determine the paths for chmod, chown and chgrp automatically now.
- fix socketpair problem that caused verify to fail in alpha11.
- cleanup code to support --disable-nls
- add new configure option "--disable-nonrootmode"
- downgrade gettext from 0.11.5 to 0.11.2, because of MacOSX problems.
- added support for proxy-authentication. Use the format
"user:pass@proxyserver" in the proxy-host entry field.
- received updated hungarian translation. Thanks to Lajos Kůsa
- received partial updated brasilian translation from Silva Syndson
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha11
- complete german translation
- use --sysconfdir from ./configure as default directory to store
the root-config file.
- fix problem with long album titles in cddbtool
- fix missleading debug output when copying on-the-fly
- print a warning when user tries to master a data CD containing
only .wav files in the hope to get a Audio-CD
- make verbose level of mkisofs configureable in the advanced
- don't display 100% progress if fixation still runs
- print instructions on systems without a "groupadd" command when
- update dialog message when trying to write additional sessions
on empty media
- add hint about FAQ in device scan screen
- allow CDDB-lookups of CD-Text from toc-file in the "Write Tracks" menu
- add option to warn before overwriting image files on disk
- don't cache non existant CD-Text
- extend .toc file format to allow CDDB lookup without CD
- add warning when no cdrtools are found at startup
- don't a space in "dev= 0,0,0" cdrecord calls anymore
- change defaults of non-root mode to "allow all"
- allow to override the minimal-resolution-required error with the
-n command line option
- add 23 and 27 minutes CD-R
- fix problem when output of cdrecord gets lost in some cases
- workaround problem when cdda2wav fails to get the correct TOC
form a DVD
- dont allow 0 as valid sector-burst value in setup
- write the root-configfiles to the correct spot, even when
$HOME is not correctly set. (Like when using sys/super scripts)
- check if /tmp is writeable and not full
- print master/exclude paths in debug output
- take care to remove temporary xcdr-files from /tmp at exit
- treat DVD sizes correctly (4.7GB equal to 4.700.000.000 bytes)
- add a lot of new mkisofs options
- save view-options of file browser with iso-options
- use fixed-width font in cdrtools-output windows
- verify saneness of boot-image settings - creating bootable
CDs should be much easier now
- automatically determine relative boot-image path from absolute
given one in the bootable CD menue
- allow the backspace or delete key to remove master-paths
- add save-output button to mkisofs calculate size menu
- add "show hidden files" option to file browser
- add a entry for the ProDVD key in the setup -> you no longer need
a wrapper or set the CDR_SECURITY environment variable yourself
- make new write options to actually work and add a save button
to set them as default
- create an advanced write option dialog - support for
Audiomaster, VariRec, Forcespeed and more.
- merge in FreeBSD patches from Oliver Lehmann (lehmann(at)ans-netz.de)
- merge in OpenBSD source patches from Jolan Luff
- merge in ISO9660-header extraction patches from Juho Všhš-Herttua
- fix /bin/df-output parser to handle non-english languages
- fix some troubles in the cdda2wav output parser
- display buffer-fill and write speed in writing-window
- default index-scanning to off
- set gracetime on cdrecord to the minimum of 2 seconds
- extend cdrecord output parser to get buffer-fill and current
- finish paranoia mode integration
- support new versions of cdda2wav (change of -v option)
- merged in CDDB HTTP/Proxy patches from Martin Haunfelder
(mhaunfelder(at)gmx.de). Big thanks!
- added support for the CDDB patches in the setup menu
- center logo graphic in startup screen
- support on-the-fly langugage switching in setup with gettext
- converted all existing translations to gettext - get rid of
dozens of translations bugs
- create tools to convert old translation-files to gettext po
- code conversion to utilize gettext completed
- started to convert the source to use gettext instead of the
old proprietary language system
- fix badmatch() errors on non-XFree86 X-Servers (should also fix
color problems on non truecolor displays)
- improved autoconf setup
- add russian translation
- update czech translation
- working prototype of autoconf setup
- end of summer break
- start to convert Makefile to autoconf/automake
- Use socketpair() instead of pipe() when available. This enhances
communication with cdrecord due full-duplex support.
- experimental support of -paranoia flag of cdda2wav
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha10
- warn when cdrtools are links instead of real files
- fix bug in non-root-configurator
- make write-speed display in menu-headers a little larger
- redesign dialogs on startup
- fix problem on pressing "continue anyway" when out of diskspace
- no longer check for multisession automatically on entering
the master menu
- don't crash when loading broken master-paths
- wrote man page
- fix problem about not setting the image paths when in nonroot mode
- allow to select multiple master-paths/excludes at the same time
- check also mmap error when getting toc with cdda2wav
- add raw writing modes
- cdrtools version check accepts now silently also newer versions
(may cause some trouble in the future...)
- warn when DVD mode, but no CDR_SECURITY key set
- warn when no large file support in DVD mode
- warn when trying to do multisession in DVD mode
- check for cdrecord mmap error on startup
- remove quit-confirmation
- fix display of clock-cursor in several cases
- add possibility to translate the blank mode strings
- special multisession handling for sony drives (untested)
- allow exclusion of wildcard-matches of master files
- use WEXITSTATUS-makro to get subprocess return codes
- updated new italian translation
- add "auto calculate of session size" button
- "remove" button removes now both master-path and redirection
- enter empty string at "redirect" button will remove redirection
- add "Blank CD-RW" button to master menu
- handle multisession in Write-Tracks menu
- complete on-the-fly multisession master
- allow multisession images created on disk
- support reload disk when calling cdrecord -msinfo
- call cdrecord -msinfo to get multisession info
- show available space on CD-R in session view
- fix path-handling in session-view to accept a lot of paths
- fix handling of filenames with backslashes, quotes, equal signs and
- add "load list" and "save list" to session-view
- start with homedir of user in the master directory browser
- add "clear list" option in session-view
- add master option to add a path with last path-component only
- add a context menu in the master session-view (right click)
- added large file support (files bigger than 2 GB should be
now detected fine by X-CD-Roast. Mostly untested)
- rewrite "needed space" calculation for big files
- add detection for cdrecord ProDVD
- add DVD-Media sizes
- no longer require to press "Accept Track Layout" button
in the Write-Tracks menu
- complete edit CD-Text for creating CDs.
- support "albumperformer" in cdrtools-1.11a19
- complete edit CD-Text for duplicating CDs
- adapt edit CD-Text to work also in Write-CD menu
- fix title/artist order from CDDB
- edit CD-Text working in Info-CD screen
- draft of edit CD-Text menu
- added option to enable/disable burnfree (burnproof) writing
- added option to allow overburning
- added option to write CD-Text
- add buttons to edit CD-Text
- use "burnfree" option instead of "burnproof" on cdrecord
- put write-modes into an option menu instead of using radio-buttons
- reduced border sizes of the menus to get much more screen space
- initial design of CD-Text support
- pushed max write speed to 64x
- finish non-root-mode configurator
- enable "activate non-root-mode" button
- design of new non-root-configuration menu
- change boot.catalog default value to relative path
- add norwegian translation (no help files yet)
- updated hungarian, galecian, italian and japanse translation
- add new text-string-ids to avoid confusion with translation of
the users-pane in setup
- replace Imlib completely by the gdkpixbuf library
- don't use -? as option for xcdrwrap
- make the group "cdwrite" configureable in xcdroast.h
and change to "xcdwrite" because some folks complained
- changed 512 byte sector patch to accept dynamic
- support reload disk when blanking CD-RW
- experimental 512 byte sector size support for Solaris
- updated italian translation
- merged AIX sound patches from Martin Gansser
- updated swedish, polish and czech translation
- included full audio support for Mac OS X
- fix potential crash in xcdrwrap
- rewrote language.c to use own string handling instead
of calling malloc 30000 times
- created Makefile for Mac OS X
- new scsi-device scanner for Mac OS X
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha9
- update the writeable flag in HD setup
- final touches to non-root wrapper
- add CDRTOOLS_PREFIX in Makefile for more flexible
- show image-list in verify tracks menu even when no CD is
- check if image directories are writeable
- set permissions of /etc/xcdroast.conf to 644 after first
start when old version found
- remove -r commandline option for security reasons
- make wrapper checking allowed users and hosts
- make process windows wider to avoid cut-off labels
- make "minimaly blank" mode default
- allow verifying of self-mastered or external iso tracks
- first version of non-root wrapper useable
- set correct filemodes on saved text-outputs
- create the configuration directory at startup
- fix bug in non-root-mode when you can cancel out of setup
without setting image directories
- check for common "cannot open new session" errors in
cdrecord output and advise user to switch to TAO
- handle dos format textfile format
- first tests with the non-root wrapper
- add -n switch to commandline help
- dont set tooltip color manually - it screws up
- added japanese translation
- added option in setup to save a default write mode setting
- added galician translation
- added new dialog in master-menu which does the
redirection stuff when adding directories automatically
- fix problem when copying an unpadded CD-R.
(last sectors got lost)
- manual scanbus override should work now. I am interested
- new commandline option to give a list of devices, instead
of using -scanbus. Very useful on AIX and OpenBSD systems.
- dont expand ~/ in logfile setting (broke in non-root-mode)
- add startup-message in logfile
- workaround for crash caused by eazel-gtk-theme (mandrake 8.0)
- fix a lot of cursor leaks
- fix crash when writing a toc file on solaris
- use sectors on mkisofs tsize option
- integrate joliet charsets into the master-menu
(Also thanks to Georgy Salnikov for the idea)
- dont crash on unknown group-ids
- query joliet charsets from mkisofs
- reworked verifying code.
(Thanks to Georgy Salnikov)
- verifying of padded CDs works now fine.
- make cdrtools-1.10 default
- had other stuff to do. Got back to work at X-CD-Roast
- update translations for brasilian portuguese, estonian,
slovak and french
- added translations for finnish, bulgarian and czech.
- allow image-directories with space in their name
- sort the image-list display alphabetically
- merged AIX and HP-UX audio patches from
Stefan Benke (benke(at)iam.rwth-aachen.de)
- fixed possible crash when a CD-Extra is inserted
- corrected tons of typos in the documentation
- fix wav-file detection code
(Thanks to Mark Bratcher)
- fix some compiler warnings
- fix cdrecord scanbus parser crash on HP-UX
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha8
- update translations for swedisch and hungarian
- make X-CD-Roast print much more precise error messages
concerning permissions of the helper binaries
- print command line of cdrecord into process output window
(helping to get more useful debug-output)
- report when cdda2wav got no permission to write a track on HD.
- fix crash when using -o switch (alternative font code)
- fix makefile not to put x-bit on images/languages/sound
- fix display of index-scanner when reading audio
- fix rare crash of wav-player
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha7
- rewrite delete-tracks not to crash when a lot of files
- fix permissions of /etc/xcdroast.conf
- add bash2 detection and special handling for non-root-mode
- fix bug when sidebar got wrong width at startup
- add tooltips for non-root setup menu
- add switch to disable version check at startup
- load and save root-config file
- set correct group-permissions for non-root-mode
- split xcdrdata.h from xcdroast.h
- finished first draft of non-root-mode setup menu
- start design of non-root-mode setup menu
- make X-CD-Roast look for the cdrecord-tools first in its
private lib-directory and then in $PREFIX/bin
- detect read-errors when reading data tracks.
- add update-buttons in Read-CD and Verify-CD menus
- make extended view in status-windows enabled by default
- rewrite scsibus-parser to make it more robust
- rewrite scsibus-parser to make it more robust
- change check of medium in drive, should now work better
on some platforms
- merge indonesian translation
- fix crash when starting X-CD-Roast with changed hardware
- make some changes to use cdrtools-1.9
- merge translation updates for: french, swedish, slovak,
brasilian portuguese and hungarian
- fix misaligned disclaimer window
- show startup errors about root-permission and failed scsibus
in dialog windows and not on stderr.
- change disclaimer text
- change version scanning of cdda2wav from --help to -h
- check for df and uname in both /bin and /usr/bin
- enable sound support for FreeBSD
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha6
- enable burnproof if available
- display full filename of /images in "write tracks"
- create toc-file in selected path, instead in the first defined
- merged slovak translation and updated dansk
- allow verifying tracks without inf-files
(e.g. for downloaded iso-/images)
- add support for 89 min CDs
- fixed CD-display in read/verify-tracks after been in the master-menu
- allow xcdroast start without any found devices (-i option)
(this way you cannot burn, but create /images with mkisofs)
- add burnproof-logo to start screen
- cursor-patch to fix segfaults on AXP-machines. Thx to
Christian R Molls (CMolls(at)gmx.net)
- add color-pixmap-icon for window-manager when iconified
- fix free-size-bug when mastering (factor 2 wrong)
- fix write-progressbar when padding is enabled
- make "accept tracklayout" button more visible
- fix master-size calculation (displayed wrong block-size)
- version-check of all helper-bins
- new setup-option for extended selection in lists
- new option -o to enable the old font-code. Which fixes special
chars on older distributions
- display end of toc-filename when too long
- make cdrecord scsibus-parser more flexible
- wavplay opens now the audio-device nonblocking
- update some tooltips
- don't crash on invalid toc or inf files
- add new option to cddbtool to make it useable for scripts
(-m = preselect match and dont wait for user input)
- merged hpux-audio-patches by Stefan Benke (benke(at)iam.rwth-aachen.de)
- merged a lot of language updates I got in the last weeks.
- fix crash when SCSI-revision field is empty
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha5
- add master on-the-fly functionality.
- fix cddbtool when track title was split over several lines.
- change slider values for read options in setup.
- add create master image functionality.
- layouted mkisofs process window.
- add "system default" option to language-menu. Should be used
to be sure your locale setting is correctly used.
- finished with tooltips for master menu.
- track allocation code for master menu.
- session-size calculation.
- included enhanced lang_extract.sh to make translations even
- did some more tooltips for master menu.
- merged in turkish language.
- added multibyte support patches by C.W.Huang.
- started work on tooltips for master menu.
- merged in catalan language.
24.02.00 - 01.03.00:
- CeBIT 2000 in Hannover/Germany
- been there with a special prepared X-CD-Roast demo.
- fix some more possible core dump locations.
- coded mkisofs commandline generator.
- fix possible core dump when writing toc-files.
- rework configuration file parser.
- workaround for the problem that cdda2wav outputs text on
stdout instead of stderr.
- allow configuration of absolute paths for cdrecord and friends.
- iso-option menu completed.
- starting coding the iso-option menu.
- prototype for session-view done.
- merged in reworked italian translation.
- again hacking the directory browser.
- check screenresolution also when 100dpi fonts are used.
- enhance directory browser - allows now to switch from file
to directory view.
- add first version of directory browser to master menu.
- merged in brasilian portuguese.
- fixed some problems with unsigned variables (getopt working now
also on IRIX).
- merge in spanish translation.
- merge in in update for italian.
- merge in croatian translation.
- layout iso-option menu.
- added gtk_set_locale();
- merge in update for estonian.
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha4
- Set write-speed when blanking CD-RW.
- Rewrite TRANSLATION.HOWTO
- Fix some stuff in language.c
- Re-enable disclaimer-screen (forgot for alpha3)
- Merge in updated languages for french and swedish.
- Include lang_extract.sh to make translations easier.
- Sequence check language-files at startup.
- All helper-tools print now version number.
- Automatic resize of sidebar when resizing main-window.
- Rework language.c (thx to Argo Vessmann)
- Autodetect font size at startup and resize windows for best fit.
- Don't coredump when failing to load icons//images.
- Fix coredump when user clicked on buttons while reloading/ejecting a CD.
- Display usage when cddbtool called without arguments.
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha3
- Recode "Read CD" to use bulk-mode of cdda2wav.
- Add index scanning to "Read CD".
- Use imlib-config in makefile
- Ensure that the progressbars reach 100% after reading/verifying.
- Display CD-Text even when no artist is defined.
- Strip carriage return from debug output.
- Implement index scanning in "Read Tracks".
- Included estonian translation by Argo Vessmann.
- Tooltips for alpha3 finished.
- Start to catch up on tooltip help.
- Done track reorder code for "Write Tracks".
- Add "Fixate only" button.
- Finish "Write-Track" (No on-the-fly support yet)
- Deep into "Write Tracks".
- Layouted "Write Tracks".
- Add support for future 99min CD-Rs.
- Included danish translation by Lars Juul.
- Finished "Verify Tracks."
- Fixed a lot of callback-function to use GINT_TO_POINTER-macros.
- Further hacking on "Verify Tracks".
- Finished "Read Tracks".
- Start on "Verify Tracks."
- List code for "Read Tracks" done.
- Layouted "Verify Tracks" menu.
- Included spanish translation by Jose Luis Benitez Crespo.
- Included french translation by Ferdinand de Broich.
- Add "index-scan" button in "Read CD" menu.
- Allow to start read tracks, even when running out of diskspace.
- Layouted "Read Tracks" menu.
- Included swedish translation by Richard Torkar.
- Implemented skeleton of "Create CD" menu.
- add FAQ about sector sizes.
- fix display of TOC-filenames when they are getting to long.
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha2
- Included dutch translation by Edwin Hakkennes.
- Add eject/reset writer option in write-menu.
(Useful when you abort writing/simulation and the writer is
- Change order of buttons in delete-track menu
- Add TRANSLATION.HOWTO file
- Update image-dir display also after aborted/error read.
- Check CD in drive before starting to read
- Set watch-cursor when changing image-directories
- Move "Eject CD" button in CD/image info-screen next to the
device selector. Also add an "Load CD" button.
- Fix core dump when trying to play empty wav file.
- Fix null-pointer-reference when looking up $HOME
- Fix CD-size calculation bug (reported a few secs to less)
- Check if /bin/uname and /bin/df exist before starting.
- Look for cdrtools-backend programs in $(PREFIX)/xcdroast-0.98/lib/bin
instead of /usr/local/bin.
- Don't create a /usr/local/share/xcdroast-0.98 - use
/usr/local/lib/xcdroast-0.98 (a share-dir must not contain binaries)
- Set the eject button in blank-menu default on.
- Change the Makefile to force the user to read the README
- New version a33 of cdrecord fixes the write-abort-problem.
(Hanging cdrecord which must be killed manually)
- Started to write a FAQ.
- Reduce window-size by 10 pixels to 790x540. Now it should fit nicely
on the screen even with window-manager-decorations and a 800x600
- Do check if screen-resolution is at least 800x600 - otherwise
X-CD-Roast will not start.
- Change makefile to "cp" helper binaries instead of "mv" them.
- Check if cue-sheet send failed and tell user to use TAO-mode
in this case.
- Fix warnings about sharedir at program start.
- Fix several null-pointer references which caused a core on
- Create ~/.xcdroast directory if not existing.
- Set cdda2wav to really create wav-files (not .au on Solaris)
- Also check LC_MESSAGES about language-code to use.
- Allow dsp-test only when a dsp-device is set.
- Preselect an exact CDDB-hit (saves one mouse-click)
- Fix makefile for Solaris.
- Fix getopt-includes for Solaris.
- Fix set-read-speed for reading audio-tracks.
- RELEASED X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha1